The Lodge of Edinburgh (Mary's Chapel) No. 1

Oak Settle

Following the extensive alterations made to the property between 1923 and 1925, three brothers, all members of the Lodge: J.R. Gibb, A.A. Gibb and F.C. Gibb, presented this massive high–backed bench for use in the "Lounge", now usually called the mezzanine. Carved into the top rail of the panelled back are the marks of the donors.

At some time in the 1950s the settle was moved to the Lodge Room for use by the Stewards.

Structural blue curve
Lodge of Edinburgh Crest
Structural bottom blue curve